Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Outside My Front Door


This is my contribution to the May 2006, My Neighborhood Challenge, at Digitals. I love this challenge. It gives me the opportunity to scrap about things that I probably never would have done otherwise.

The theme this month was "Outside My Front Door". We were to describe through words or pictures what we see when we look out our front door. The hostess for this month stated that she saw a Momma Kangaroo and her baby when she looked outside that morning. Another participant stated that they saw a Momma Duck and 11 chicks in their pool that morning. I wish I could see those things.

Being a military family we tend to live in some of the most boring places. Not to say that Germany is boring .. Not by any means. But, living on post feels like living in the ghetto .. or some other form of sub-standard, low income housing. Everything is the same. The buildings all look alike. The hallways are BORING. But we make due. We only have 6 more weeks living here in Mannheim and then it is off to Baumholder. Hopefully the on post scenery will be a bit nicer.

For this kit I used the backgrounds and frames from Cristina Blomberg's Soccer Season Kit which is available at Digitals. If you want to see a larger view of this layout please check out my gallery at digitals or my fotki site. Thanks for visiting, hope you enjoyed the layout.
Gina

No comments: