Wednesday, August 15, 2007

No More Training Wheels

I did this layout up for the Picture This challenge at Digitals. I had a ton of fun creating it. I combined two templates created by Simply Sarah. I used Amanda Thorderson's Songs of Hope kit. I took these pictures today while we were all outside. Here is what the journaling says ...
Today was a day of firsts! When the day started I sent the boys outside to play with their friends. They wanted to ride their bikes, so I got them out. They were riding with Wesley, Daniel and Jason. A little while later Andrew came in to tell me that Daniel had taken off Wesley's training wheels. I wasn't sure that was such a good idea, but he did just fine without them. A few minutes later Cody said he wanted to learn to ride without his training wheels too. I had him use one of the extra bikes that we have, since it had no training wheels. He did great.
BJ didn't want to learn, he was scared. I finally got him to agree to try, but he wanted to use his green bike, not one of the extra ones. We compromised. He used Cody's green bike after I took the training wheels off. I didn't even get a chance to teach him what to do. He hopped right on the bike and started going. He did a fabulous job too! Now there are no more training wheels in our house. They are all big boys now!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love these layouts! That's so cool....photos just pop....great memory preserved!

Dea Spina said...

Congrats on your kids new conquest! Great layout and photos.
And your blog looks great too! :)