Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Orange Spice by Tink


Tink sent me her Orange Spice kit last night, at my request. I couldn't wait to use the kit. The different shades of orange are just brilliant. I love this kit.
I have done two layouts with it so far. The one to the left is of Andrew's trip to the Worms' Zoo last year. The preschool students at Mannheim Elementary go every May. I created this layout as part of the Me, My, Mine Challenge this month at Digitals. This challenge called for a May themed layout, using the date in either the title or the journaling. I used the date in the deco square, sub title, and the month/year in the journaling. This particular study trip was a joy for me. We will not get to do this trip again this year though, because of the threat and concerns reguarding the avian flu present here in Germany.

This second layout with Tink's Orange Spice kit is a 4x6 recipe card. This recipe is a great one and fitting of this kit. I created this layout as a contribution to the Recipe Card Challenge we are having in one of my yahoo groups. We are making these to share them as a gift on holidays and such. Here is the recipe that is on this card:

Pineapple Butterscotch Squares.

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour.
2 Teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 can ( 20 oz) crushed pineapple well drained
1 cup ( 6 oz) butterscotch chips
1/2 cup toasted chopped nuts
vegetable cooking spray
powdered sugar , garnish ( optional)

* combine flour, baking powder,& salt in small bowl; set aside.

*beat together butter, brown sugar,granulated sugar, in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs & vanilla; beat until blended. Stir in pineapple. stir in flour mixture, butterscotch chips & nuts until blended.

* pour into 13 x 9 -inch baking pan sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.

* Bake at 350 degrees, 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. cool completely in pan on wire rack. dust cooled cake with powdered sugar, if desired. cut into squares.

No comments: