Monday, July 31, 2006

Look Mom .. No Training Wheels


My little boy isn't so little anymore. He came to us yesterday and asked if we would take the training wheels off of his bike and teach him how to ride like the big kids. he is 5 1/2 years old and we figured it was a good time. He's not all that tall, kind of short actually, but he tries. He has a 16 inch bicycle and his feet barely reach the ground with his seat on the lowest level. While I was searching for the kickstand to put on his bike his Dad took the training wheels off and started to teach him. I did my part and helped him learn a bit as well ... but I needed to take pictures, so I left most of the training up to Daddy. It didn't take him that long to figure out the balance part, but he needs a LOT of work on the steering and the speed control. He likes to go WAY TOO FAST! This makes him run into things and fall over. He ran into a big truck (the bumper) and hit the curb quite a few times. He needed quite a bit of room to ride, so most of his training was done in the street. Luckily there is a circle at the end of our street and it isn't busy at all. He's doing great .. I am SO proud of him. He's a Big Boy now.
For these layouts I used the June Sports Spectacular Mega Kit from SOTB. Fonts are Marydale and Dirty Fingers.

No comments: