Friday, August 04, 2006

Another Productive Day

I am quite proud of myself today. I got a lot accomplished. I finised 5 layouts, which leaves me with just one more layout to complete and I will be done with the challenges this month at Digitals. I'm on a rool, because today is only the 4th day of the month. I took on another roll today at Digitals, I became a member of their 1st Responder Team. Looking forward to doing that job. Anyway, now for today's layouts.

This layout was done for the Designer Elements challenge at Digitals. This month's challenge was hosted by Sophia Davies. As per my norm, I did a 4x6 recipe card. The fonts I used are Ravie and Rage Italic.
The recipe is as follows:
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
7 cups sliced peaches
2 Tbsp honey
2/3 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers (5 squares)
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp rolled oats
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter


Preheat oven to 375*F. For filling, in a bowl stir together granulated sugar, the 2 Tablespoons flour and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add peaches; toss to coat. Spread in 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Drizzle honey over peaches; set aside.
For topping, in a bowl stir together crushed graham crackers, brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, rolled oats, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping evenly over the peach mixture.
Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream.
Makes 8 servings.


Each serving without ice cream:
306 calories, 8 grams fat (5 grams sat. fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 58 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 2 grams protein.
Daily Values: 21% Vitamin A, 17% Vitamin C, 3% calcium and 7% iron.

The second layout was done for the Picture This challenge at Digitals. My kids LOVE to swim .. and this day was no different .. LOL
For this layout I used background paper and mattes from Christy Sturm's Pool Water kit, availble at ButternugSquash.
The elements are from Christine Schultz's Pool Party Kit, available at Digitals.
The font I used for the date is Rage Italic.

The third layout was done for the All About Me Photo Challenge at Digitals. The challenge this month was to scrap about our favorite moment from school.
I used Lori Imel's new kit .. Classic Black and White. Font is Rage Italic.

This last layout was done for the August Scraplift Challenge. For this layout I used Maddy Fernandez's Of Sand & Sea Kit. Fonts are Gracey's Curse and Rage Italic. For this challenge we scraplifted a layout of Sophia Davies'. I love this photo of my Grandparents on their Anniversary in 1998 in Hawaii. More layouts from this trip to follow.
The last layout that I did today was for the Scripture Challenge at Digitals. I used a photo of my grandfather that was taken in the hospital last week. I will not be posting it here. It is posted in my gallery at digitals, if you want to see it you can visit there.
Thanks for reading. More to come tomorrow, I'm sure.

No comments: