Friday, August 04, 2006

More Challenges mean More Layouts

I did this first layout at the request of my mother. She wanted something new to hang in my grandfather's hospital room. She really liked the 12x12 layout that I did for the challenge at Digitals, but that's not easy to print or hang. So, she requested an 8x10 layout that she could order and frame for in his room. I know he probably won't get to see it, because of the sedation, but she will show it to him, and everyone else who enters the room will get to see it. I hope things get better there soon, whatever better is. For this layout I used a few different kits. The elements are from Tink's Tying the Knot kit, available at Digitals. The purple matte is from a background in Glenda Ketcham's kit, Sibby Goes to Kindergarten. The wordart is from Gayle Richter's Quote Overlays, available at DigiScrapIt. The background image is from Suzanne Walker's Wedding Whimsy Kit, an old freebie from DSP.
The tag says
Jean & Norb Briede
"Together Forever"
August 13, 1955
Golden Anniversary
August 13, 2005


This second layout was done as part of the Let's Get Sketchy challenge at The Digi Dreamer .. and also for the Font Free 4 All challenge at Digitals. For this layout I used Maddy Fernandez's kit, A Walk on the Wild Side, available at Digitals. Journaling states that we found this Rock Wall at the end of our street the other day while we were teaching Andrew to ride his bike. The boys fell in love with it the minute that they saw it. They ran over to me, after jumping off their bikes, Look Mommy, Look! I didn't let them climb it, not yet anyway. But, I'm sure that when they do it will provide me with a great opportunity for more photos. Fonts are Rackham Italic, the challenge font, and Rage Italic.


The third layout from yesterday was created for the It's Elementary challenge at Digitals. For this layout I used Veronica Culley's Simplicity Duos Purple kit and the elements provided for the challenge.Butterfly Border by Jen Maceyunas (recolored)Fun Slide by Jolene ShafferSummer word by Karin McCombesButterfly by Michelle Hessler (recolored)Fonts are Scrap Cirlces and Scrap Katie. I love the photos in this layout. Andrew has absolutely no fear and he loves to try new things. Here, he was running up to the pool, jumping, and basically flying into the pool. It was so fun to watch him do it over and over again. I tried to catch him completely in mid air, but the battery on the camera would not cooperate.




This third layout was created for the It's Only Words challenge, and as a gift for our neighbor. A second layout with photos from his birthday. For this layout I used Jaime Conn's kit, Games People Play, available at Digitals. The wordart was provided for the challenge by Sue Jones.

No comments: